This web site will display the Sri Lanka's Standard time. The main objective behind this valuable initiative is to minimize difficulties faced due to contradicting times displayed by organizations in the country.
Lets configure our organizations websites, PC, servers, etc... to sync with sltime.org ntp server.
Follow the following steps in an windows active directory environment.
- First, Locate your Primary Domain Controller (PDC). Open the command prompt and type, netdom /query fsmo (Netdom is a ntreskit tool which can be downloaded FOC)
- Log in to your PDC Server.
- Check time difference between your server and the NTP server w32tm /stripchart /computer:sltime.org /samples:5 /dataonly
- Stop the W32Time service: net stop w32time
- Configure the external time source/s, type w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:sltime.org /Update
- Make the PDC a reliable time source, type w32tm /config /reliable:yes
- Start the w32time service, type net start w32time
The windows time service will begin synchronizing the time. You could query the details trough w32tm /query /peers, w32tm /query /status commands.
- Optionaly execute w32tm /resync to do an immediate sync
- Check the Event Viewer for any errors.
Note: You might have to add/modify firewall rule/s to allow ntp access to sltime.org from your network.
Congratulations !!! You are now in sync with the sltime.org ntp server.